3.12.10

Winter-like weather! At last!

Once upon a time (about three and a half years ago), this crazy girl moved from Newport, RI to Raleigh, NC. She moved in with this guy (who's totally awesome) and all was well. Until Thanksgiving came. Rhode Island winters seemed to start on or around Halloween and didn't end until Easter at least. The crazy girl was used to seeing the first frost and the first snow by Thanksgiving. And then, she realized, in North Carolina, you can wear a long-sleeved T-shirt on Thanksgiving to no ill effect.

Year after year, I still expect the wintery weather to start sometime in late October or early November. And it was still in the 60s until earlier this week! But, now here I am, wearing my nice, warm, wool pea coat out of the house and into work in the mornings, waiting for the car to heat up enough that I won't be shivering on the way.

It's also time, now, for me to start working on the annual DIY holiday gifts. This year's gifts: ornaments. For non-gamers, I'll be making swirled glass ball ornaments, for the gamers: faction ornaments, depending on the game said gamer plays. I'll have Horde insignias for WoWers, and Cryx, Khador, Legion, Minions, Mercs, etc. for the WarmaHordes crowd. For myself, I want to knit a Cryx sweater. But that'll take too much time. Why do I always want to knit in the winter, when I know the project I start won't be done until it's too warm and the project is useless?

Also, I bought the Gunbunnies' domain, and am starting to get the blog set up, as well as all the Press Gang's email addresses. Just got to get email set up properly...

No comments:

Post a Comment