8.12.10

Cataclysmic-ly Epic, Part 2

The story continues, timestamped and short.

23:31: I take some pictures of the in-store crowd. The line is getting long. The manager is cool with it, lets me take a few before he tells me that there's no photo-taking allowed in the store. Right before I woulda nabbed a pic of the four or five Collectors' Editions behind the counter, too. But, hey, I'm happy with what I've got.

23:40: Jimmy John's shows up. Mmmmm, free subs. Mini-subs, but they were free, so, hey, I'm not passing one up.

23:50: People are still filing in, getting pre-rung and getting in line. For the umpteenth time, I tell the two college or high school kids that just came in, yes, I'm at the front. Get pre-rung first. I'm starting to get giddy and antsy all at once. Then I realize: I have to pee. Well, nuts.

23:52: Two high school or college kids look to bypass the line, first trying to get in front of me without getting pre-rung, then, after getting pre-rung, while the store's filled to capacity, after they've been told to wait outside a half dozen times, by trying to get in the back of the line in the store. Durok and I both agree: d-bags. Seriously? I waited outside for over an hour before they let me in. You can wait 10-15 minutes. Don't give me that male version of the pouty "I'm going to cry" face. I'm a woman, we invented that face.

23:54: Durok takes my phone, and the timer that he thinks is responsible for my excitement. No, it's not the timer. It's anxiety. Good anxiety, but anxiety

23:55: I steal back my phone! Timer's still going!

23:58: We start trying to convince the store employees it's midnight. "We have to go by the register clock." But, but!

23:59: Is it midnight yet? No. Is it midnight yet? No. Well, crap.

00:00: MIDNIGHT! Durok and I step up to the counter, and get our Collectors' Editions. I hold mine up high, to a small shout from the crowd of "Woo!"

00:01: Start driving home. I'm being bad. Very bad. I'm speeding faster than I'm comfortable with. Durok flashes his lights in my rear view, and I look at the speedometer. I'm not being that bad, am I? Yeah, I am: accelerated to 70 in a 45 zone. Oops. Didn't mean to. I promptly begin going no faster in any given zone than 10 over, which Durok still disagrees with. So he cuts me off! Meanie.

00:04: I get home, in record time, and happy-dance my way to the computer, and begin unwrapping like N64 kid on Christmas. I open, and open, and open. Pop in the disk, upgrade my account while the install is going. I can't hold in my excitement! The art book is pretty, and there's a Worgen warlock WOWTCG deck in there. Sweet.

00:17: I start playing, only to realize: the servers don't kick over until midnight Pacific Standard Time. That's 3 hours away! Well, crap. I play a little, get to Undercity. Start figuring out how to get to Vashj'ir for the morning.

00:48: I finally say "eff it" and go to bed. Durok is delighted, as it's freezing and he wants a warm body.

This morning, as I was driving the roommate to the bus stop, I said to him "I know I'm an addict, but I'm not ignoring my responsibilities, so it's ok. Right?"  What do you think, is my addiction to all things Blizzard an issue, or is it alright so long as I don't ignore my responsibilities?

1 comment:

  1. Even better than part 1. This is how I feel when I play the newest version of the Sims. Wsiting for it to download is torture.

    ReplyDelete