22.11.10

Great Weekend, Crappy Morning

So, here I am, procrastinating at work like I'm so good at. Also, I'm realizing what a great weekend I had.

Durok had a Saturday off that isn't an all-day gaming extravaganza, so I sent him off the the Foodmachine tournament. See, Foodmachine does two things: gaming and raising money and donations to feed the hungry. We raised 758 cans in donations from both people who played in the tourney and people who didn't. Durok was a good boy and donated 96 cans all on his own. 758 cans will go a long way in feeding the hungry, I think. A long way.

I also needed Durok out of the apartment so I could work on cleaning, especially since the new Roommate had a friend coming by to help with the cleaning. Girl took control. She walked in, got changed, nabbed cleaner and sponges, and immediately started work on the bathroom. 15-20 minutes later, and it was done, with even the trash can being spotless.. I started slowly but surely working my way from the entryway to the fireplace, cleaning the living room and sorting everything that got in my way.

When Durok got home, he, too, got to work, cleaning the kitchen (except the floor, which still got clean) and helping with Mission: Declutter Living Room. Again, I still need to finish it, but it's OK. It's so relaxing walking into my apartment and not seeing piles and piles of clutter. Still need to finish laundry and the living room.

I cooked my Chicken-Tomato-Alfredo casserole on Saturday night, to thank the roomie's friend for helping. Of course, there were rave reviews. Sometimes, I make the same casserole with a mix of hot and mild Italian Sausage instead of chicken. Noms. I'll post the recipe later.

Sunday was uneventful day. We dropped the Roomie off at the FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store) so he could do his Sunday Magic: the Gathering Two-Headed Dragon Draft (wow, that's a long title for an event). After some brief, necessary shopping, Durok and I went home, chilled out, did stuff, played World of Warcraft. My warlock is almost done with her Pilgrim's Bounty Achievements already. Just have to finish up the turkey shooting and the Turkinator achievement. I'm going to do Turkinator at an odd hour, I think. Like, right when I get home from work. That way people can't steal my turkey kills. Damn turkeys.Sunday was filled will me shouting excitedly "Turkey!" then, if I killed it, "Yay!" If someone stole my turkey, it would be "Turkey!" pause "Fucker stole my turkey." Oh! And Durok and I knocked out our prenup on Sunday. It's a fair agreement that I hope we never have to use.

This morning has been a comedy of errors. First, I fell in the shower on m hip and elbow. Flushed the toilet in the process, ha! Then, I left my wallet at home. I need to take care of some banking today with Durok during my lunch break for the wedding payment that's due on the 29th. All but $150 of it will be paid off today. Woot! Bye-bye $6k, hello fabulous wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment